Friday 25 May 2012

Africa Day...

On Tuesday i phoned my mum who was so kind to remind me that it would be Africa day today. When i went home over the Christmas holiday i made sure that i brought a calender back with me to remind me of all the holidays celebrated in Zimbabwe. I was going to organise something with my friends but things happened and i forgot.




Anyway, Africa Day is the annual commemoration of the 1963 founding of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), presently recognized as the Africa Union (AU). The African Union, comprised of 53 member states, has brought together the continent of Africa to collectively address the challenges it has faced, such as armed conflict, climate change, and poverty.

I am an African, not because I was born in Africa but because Africa is born in me.

Happy Africa day to all Africans around the world.

Hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine and you are making the most of it.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Happy Africa Day Millie! I hope you've had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete