Wednesday 30 November 2011

One Potato, Two Potato...

Look what i found in my garden...

2 potatoes

I planted these at the end of my flower bed while i was deciding what shrub i wanted to put in that corner. I used sprouted potato skin and i can't believe it works. Unfortunately i changed my mind the following day and dug them out to plant poppies. I must have left these two by mistake because i discovered them while planting bulbs. I couldn't believe it and was so excited, i have already cooked them as part of tomorrows packed lunch (potato salad) so i am looking forward to munching my 2 homegrown potatoes. I am definately putting potatoes on my list of things to grow next year.

Hope you have all had a good day xxx












2 comments:

  1. Newly dug-up potatoes have the most wonderful taste don't they! My mum dug some up last year from our garden and I was totally bowled over by them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes you MUST grow some next year! They are so easy to grow and so rewarding - like finding little gold nuggets in the soil! Our favorite crop by far :)

    ReplyDelete