Tuesday 22 July 2014

Growing Pains...

I hope my children look back on today
and see a mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning  and cooking
for children grow up while we're not looking..

Today is the 2nd day of the summer holiday and as it was a gorgeous day and my day off we decided to venture outside. I am often found doing housework or just sat in front of a screen of some sort on my days off but not today.

Today I decided to abandon all thoughts of housework and forced Master T to come out with me. He is difficult strong minded of late. He doesn't seem to be interested in venturing outside. On some occasions I've had to tell him it wasn't negotiable. I can definitely see that he is going through some changes but today I wasn't having it.

The funny thing though is even though it's a struggle to get him out of the house he absolutely loves it once we are out. We did a bit of window shopping in the 1st town we went to. I didn't buy anything but Master T bought some loom bands. After about a hour we decided to move to the next town where we walked along the beach then went for fish and chips once we had had enough. We managed to find a very good spot by a stream in a park to sit and munch. My picnic blanket also had it's first outing as we used it to sit on. I bought it last year and it has been in my car ever since so it was a nice surprise to find and use it.  

As it was so warm it was easy to just snooze in my little spot. After my snooze we decided it was time for an ice cream to cool us down and before long it was home time and we have been chilling ever since. Master T  working on his loom bands and I have been catching up on some blog reading.

Last week was his last week at primary school and emotions were very, very high. There were loads of tears, anger, silence of the moody kind and everything in between. To be honest I was out of my depth and if this is the sign of things to come, I best brace myself.  

Hope you have all had a good day.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness!!!! I don't think I could cope with boy hormones!!!! Pray, pray, pray, that's all I can say! You are a brilliant Mum !x

    ReplyDelete