Monday 9 June 2014

Be Still...


Been absent for a long time as you can tell. Winter is not my favourite season I find it a struggle to get through. Now the sun is showing it's face I think it's time I showed mine.



I have been up to a lot of things during hibernation most of them good with the odd problem here and there but such is life. Yesterday I sat in my car for a good 30min on my own when I was waiting for the gates to be opened at the carboot sale where I was selling all my unwanted treasures. The sun was shining and there were plenty of people in their cars who had come to do the same thing. I opened my car door to let the sun in and was so surprised by the quietness of my surroundings. As usual I switched on the radio. At that moment I thought to myself, what am I doing. It was then I realised how much I am used to noise. I am surrounded by it all the time be it at work, in my car I usually have the radio on, when I am home we have the telly on or my ipod stuck in my ears looking at a screen of some sort.

                                                    

It really saddened me how I never seem to have any quietness around me or us. Something is always going on. I can't even remember the last time I sat with just a cup of tea or a book and relaxed. Apart from always being surrounded by noise I always seem to be doing something. It doesn't matter what I am doing I have to be busy and mostly it's doing exactly the same thing.

    I don't mean to mourn in my first post back but how do you all find quietness in your lives.


                                                      How do you create a balance.
xxx







1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you see you back! I tend to find quietness in my walk to work!x

    ReplyDelete